Friday, March 15, 2024

Michael Lau and Disneyland weekend! - A 1UP classic from October 5, 2009

Hello friends, it's been a busy morning! Tomorrow should be busier, the nurses will be in on Tuesday and Thursday to practice for state exams. We will be busy in the lab, but it's better to be busy than not busy.

This weekend was quite eventful. On Thursday I took my friends and their families to the Michael Lau show and on Friday I took my girlfriend and her daughter. Friday night Michael was signing for the public and we were each allowed to get two things signed. My g/f and her daughter acted as mules and carried two boxes for me, I'm shameless when it comes to signings. Since Michael is a big soccer fan I bought him a Beckham jersey from the LA Galaxy as a present. I also got a card for him signed by myself and my pal Victor. He appreciated the gesture.

He signed the throne of my Crazychildren King. Many people in line had never seen that figure. He obliged me by signing a few other boxes. He even signed the issue of Ollie where I first saw his work.

Michael was quite a character. Making jokes with the people in line, taking off from the desk where he was at and going to the back of the line to sign stuff for the late arrivers. My girlfriend hit it off well with Victor and even Michael's wife. Hopefully the next time he comes to town we'll be able to treat him to Disneyland and even Club 33. As for the show itself, I am digitizing video of the show and will be uploading soon so you could see the Gardeners in all their glory.

On Saturday the girlfriend, daughter and myself went to Disneyland. It was a media event day, they were showing off the changes they had made to the park for the Halloween season. Those that live in the area should see how different the Haunted Mansion is with a Nightmare Before Christmas makeover.

Yesterday it was lunch with the family and some videogame playing. I showed the g/f and her daughter NiGHTS into dreams... as well as Shadow of the Colossus. All in all I couldn't have asked for a better weekend. What about you guys and gals. What did you get up to? EDIT: I created a fan page dedicated to the Art of Michael Lau in the early 2000's. I let the domain expire in the mid 2010's because I no longer had time, or money to keep it going. Although it will no longer be getting updates I have restored it on my personal server for people that want to find out about the Urban Vinyl movement As always if you would like to sponsor me please visit my Patreon page and consider donating each month, even as little as $1 would help make better blogs and even podcasts!

follow the Street Writer on Patreon!

No comments:

Post a Comment