Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Looking forward to Wondercon and check out these Sonic Adventure figs! - A 1UP classic from March 16, 2012

Hello friends, glad to see that you've made it to another Friday. What plans do you have for the weekend? It's my gal's 18th birthday. To celebrate my family and I will be attending the Wondercon 2012 in Anaheim. The show is being put together by the same people that organize the San Diego Comic Con. You might remember that a few years ago Anaheim was in a bidding war to host the Comic Con. Many had been saying for the past few years that the show had outgrown the SD Convention Center and was a logistical nightmare for attendees as well as sponsors.

Despite the best effort from Orange County the hosts signed up with San Diego for a few more years. However the organizers never made mention of the Wondercon. If the show does very well then they are hoping to extend it by a day or two and make it a sort of preamble to the Comic Con in the summer. Right now they have a lot of programming planned and a bunch of sponsors and floor space. We'll find out if they can handle the crowds this weekend. Thankfully the rain will keep the numbers down over the next three days, but there can't possibly be a worse smell than con funk and wet nerdboys.

As I was digging up CD's to import I came across the Sonic Adventure figures I had given my daughter. Take a look at these classic figs.

Almost all of the other action figures that I gave the little gal were loose. To mean that I had taken them out of their packaging ages ago. For some unknown reason I never took the Sonic figures out. Possibly because the series had such sentimental value to me.

It turned out to be a good thing for collectors as the original Sonic Adventure figures go for a pretty penny these days. Check out eBay and see how much a mint set of these figures go for.

Those on a budget may not be able to pick up these classics but there is an even larger set of figures that they can collect from the Toys R Us. The series is celebrating its 20th Anniversary. Figures in the Classic and Adventure styles are out in multiple sizes. Sonic fans owe it to themselves to pick up the figures before they sell out again! I hope you have a great weekend and look forward to seeing news from the Wondercon next week. If you are going then let me know so I can get a pic with you. As always if you would like to sponsor me please visit my Patreon page and consider donating each month, even as little as $1 would help make better blogs and even podcasts!

follow the Street Writer on Patreon!

No comments:

Post a Comment