Wednesday, May 15, 2024

Darkwing Duck Trade Paperbacks, must get items! - A 1UP classic from Nov 9, 2011

Howdy friends, this blog goes out to the comic book readers and fans of the old Disney Afternoon series. As many of you may have heard the license for Disney comics has expired and Boom Studios in the US hasn’t been handed it again. No word yet on whether or not Marvel will take over. In the meantime the talented James Silvani and Amy Mebberson are in creator limbo, not forgetting the uncredited writing talents of Aaron Sparrow. The best thing fans of the classic Darkwing Duck series could do is pick up the issues or trade paperbacks of the book and show Marvel that Disney comics can be a hit when put in the right hands.

The most recent books F.O.W.L. Disposition and Campaign Carnage keep the sharp writing and amazing art fans of the series have grown to love. Readers owe it to themselves to add these books to their collections. Fans have a chance to show James, Amy, Aaron and series creator Tad Stones that readers support their work and would like to see them keep going.

Readers of the series would also get a chance to read a story possibly influenced by me. I say possibly because there’s no way I could prove it was more than coincidence when a rare Darkwing character from the TV series returned in the Toy With Me story arch featured in the Campaign TPB. I wrote a blog about my experience at last years’ Long Beach Comic Con.

I had asked James to sketch Wiffle Boy for me and the rare character stumped both he and Tad. They had to look up the episode for the character reference. Well a few months later the character appeared in a Darkwing Duck Annual. Not only that but the game company had grown from the 8-bit inspiration from which Wiffle Boy was based to reflect the more modern world. This time he is a mascot for World of Wifflecraft.

I'm certain that longtime 1UP member, and current Blizzard Production Diva, Erin Ali might find some humor in that. Anyhow I hope that you get a chance to read the books, they really are among the best stories out now. Let me know if you've gotten a chance to read through them.

As always if you would like to sponsor me please visit my Patreon page and consider donating each month, even as little as $1 would help make better blogs and even podcasts!
follow the Street Writer on Patreon!

No comments:

Post a Comment