Wednesday, September 23, 2026

Fan art for NiGHTS into dreams... 30th Anniversary

Hello friends, I hope that you are doing well. In the past few blogs I talked about working through my art block. Drawing skateboarding skeletons, led to drawing Disney characters, led to drawing Disney illustrations for news articles. The next thing that I drew was in celebration of my favorite game of all-time. NiGHTS into dreams… for the Sega Saturn was celebrating its 30th anniversary on July 5, 2026. I was so happy to grow old with the character that I had to create an illustration on the day.

That drawing lead to a lot of new people following me on Bluesky, and even a few more reading the blog. I did an updated version of my Metal NiGHTS illustration featuring all the robot characters that I had created previously. I shared this illustration that day too. It made a lot of fans happy. It made me start thinking that I had to create the missing Nightmaren bosses in robot form; Puffy, Clawz, and Gillwing. I might eventually get around to them, and share them here.

The last thing that I shared on the anniversary was a photo. It was the first time I actually spread out the items that I had been collecting over the past three decades. I didn’t include the comics, games, plush, or my wedding ring in the photo, but you could tell that this game, and especially this character meant a lot to me. The massive NiGHTS object on the right side was actually a pillowcase. It was an early present from my wife after we got married. It is a super rare item for collectors. It hardly comes up in US or even Japanese auctions, the fact that she got one absolutely blew me away.

My art block was improving little by little. My love of skateboarding, Disney, and NiGHTS were helping me break the cycle. I’d like to know if there was anything that inspired you to create art. Tell me about it in the comments section. If you enjoy this blog there are several ways you can support me. You can sponsor me directly on Patreon. Or like and subscribe to my videos on YouTube. You can even subscribe to the Pink Monorail Podcast featuring my wife, and myself. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment