Monday, January 15, 2024

The rarest game CD's I have - A 1UP classic from March 15, 2012

Today the gems are being imported to the playlist. Here are the rarest gaming CD's that I have.

The Jet Grind Radio and Jet Set Radio Future soundtracks are a must-own item for any player. These two can be picked up on Amazon and a few other sites.

The rarer releases that complimented the original soundtracks were the music samplers. They had some of the songs featured in the game yet which weren't on the official soundtrack. Even with all these releases Sega never managed to have one definitive soundtrack which had all of the music featured in the original Jet Set Radio.

Ollie King was a sort of spiritual successor to JSR. The soundtrack was created by Hideki Naganuma, the person that wrote about half of the songs featured in both JSR games. Crackin' DJ was from the rare Sega arcade title which featured original scratch DJ tunes.

The NiGHTS soundtracks and remixes are probably not as rare as the JSR Samplers, except for the original NiGHTS into dreams… soundtrack that is. The OST is probably the jewel of my entire CD collection. I keep the soundtrack in mint condition. It goes for a king's ransom on eBay and I plan on holding onto my copy forever. As always if you would like to sponsor me please visit my Patreon page and consider donating each month, even as little as $1 would help make better blogs and even podcasts!

follow the Street Writer on Patreon!

No comments:

Post a Comment