Hello friends, I hope the year has been good for you. When I last posted I was getting out of my art block because I was doing some pieces featuring Oswald the Lucky Rabbit. Here’s a continuation of those pieces, including a rare drawing featuring both Oswald and Mickey.

I had an idea about putting Mickey in a race car, and having Oswald be his mechanic. I put Oswald in the uniform from his Service Station which was featured at Disney’s California Adventure. This was the sister park across from Disneyland in Anaheim.

The thing I love about working in Adobe Illustrator is that I can adjust colors, and gradients easily, and separate the characters so that I can place them exactly where I want to. This worked for me much easier than painting in different layers in Photoshop. For example here was how Oswald actually looked while standing behind Mickey’s race car.

After doing an Oswald and Mickey drawing I got an idea for another one. I was wondering how they would have gotten along as kids. I imagined Oswald was the big brother even though he was only a year older he took his job seriously. He decided he would show Mickey the ropes. One day he took him to the old fishing hole where they saw a giant butterfly along the way. One of these days I'd like to do a children's book featuring the two visiting Disneyland.

Since the summer had wound down I was in the mood for the holidays. Of course I started with the most important fall event. I wanted to do a witchy Minnie, but not with the pointy cap, or cape like she would wear in the official Disney art. So I went with her classic bow, and dress, but moons, and stars instead of polka dots. I think my version worked very well. What do you think?

As long as I was putting Minnie in costumes I had an idea for a game. One of my favorite Genesis games was Valis III. It was one of the rare anime games translated for the US. I was wondering how it would be to reboot the franchise, but swap out Minnie, and make her the fantasy warrior. I could almost see it now! Have you ever done any Disney fan art? Tell me about it in the comments section. If you enjoy this blog there are several ways you can support me. You can
sponsor me directly on Patreon. Or like and subscribe to my
videos on YouTube. You can even subscribe to the
Pink Monorail Podcast featuring my wife, and myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment