Monday, August 5, 2024

A burger that's 50% bacon?! - A 1UP classic from February 27, 2012

Good Monday morning my friends, I trust you had a good weekend. I spent the weekend out with my gals. As you can imagine we visited the Happiest Place on Earth. No, it's wasn't Tijuana Mexico! Then we checked out a hamburger joint that had gotten a lot of buzz recently. Slater's 50/50 has a few locations in the southland. We visited the one in Anaheim.

We started off with the Appetizer Sampler and Slater's Vampire Dip. The sampler had a bit of everything and a special dip to go along with it. The restaurant is famous for its liberal use of bacon on everything. The ketchup for example with the sampler had bacon ground up in it. The Vampire Dip was amazingly good, garlic and cheese but I don't think any bacon. The burgers are what put them on the map. They are famous for having a high ration of bacon to ground beef in the burger, 50% of each type of meat to be precise. You'd think the meat would be super salty but it wasn't. When you order a burger they as what size you want, 1/2 pound, 2/3 pound or a full pound. Mind you this is the weight after cooking!

I had the 50/50, my lil gal had the Old Timey and the missus had a Peanut Butter and Jealousy. The three were amazing burgers, mine had guacamole and a fried egg on top. Of course I believe that any food can be made better with a fried egg on top. Now we have to visit the other location in Huntington Beach and see how it compares. These weren't the best burgers I've ever had but they were still very good. If you are ever in the area and are looking for some great eats I'd suggest visiting Slater's 50/50.

As always if you would like to sponsor me please visit my Patreon page and consider donating each month, even as little as $1 would help make better blogs and even podcasts!
follow the Street Writer on Patreon!

No comments:

Post a Comment